Kira and Matthew are self-proclaimed “laid back, goofy people” who wanted a fun, casual, stress-free wedding.
What they got was pretty much inline with their want list, with a mix of Matthew’s Star Wars fanaticism, a few heat-related issues, and a lot of great moments with their family and friends that would start at the groom’s church and end at the Shoshone Golf Club with it’s amazing landscape.
The moments in between those milestones were what made the day for me as a photographer. The bride and groom decided on doing a “no look, first look” where they were positioned back-to-back and then surrounded by their friends and family for a group prayer. Goofy photos of the wedding party in various stages of Star Wars inspired poses, and children that wanted to photo bomb every formal image they could rounded out a fun pre-ceremony schedule. But once we got to the ceremony, those were some of the moments that Matthew and Kira will cherish the most.
Finally getting to see the bride for the first time was the biggie for Matthew.
“After doing the prayer before the service, all I wanted was to finally see her.”
“Seeing Matthew’s face the first time he saw me … he had tears in his eyes.”
Following the ceremony, we were blessed with a great sunset and enough time to enjoy a quick getaway from the reception activities.
It was definitely one of those days where all the planning, communication, and collaboration paid off with a great visual story and no stress.
Here are a few tips and tricks Kira and Matthew have for couples planning a wedding:
- Decide to not stress on the day of the wedding. Stress up until the day but not on the day because there is nothing you can do about it.
- Get as much as done as you can ahead of time. So many random things pop up the week before the wedding.
- Have an abundance of Gatorade and water for the day of the wedding — especially if its a hot day.
- Have snacks! (crackers, cheese, grapes)
- Take a couple ibuprofen every 2-3 hours.